Covestro polycarbonate materials for TVs enhance your viewing experience
The televisions of today – slim and sleek, with large, eye-catching displays – bear little resemblance to the bulky, rabbit-ear models of yesteryear. Achieving these stylish and technical feats requires high-performing materials. Covestro offers thermoplastics that help OEMs bring to market TVs that are nothing less than picture perfect.
Covestro polycarbonate and polycarbonate blends are used to form a multitude of television parts, helping manufacturers achieve optimum design, image quality and safety requirements. Following is a brief overview of our materials, their properties and common uses in Smart TV applications.
- Bayblend® FR3210 TV, Bayblend® FR3110 TV and Bayblend® FR3311 TV resins are utilized in TV stand, frame and back cover applications requiring high gloss and/or high stiffness.
- The Makrolon® DQ series of Covestro’s signature thermoplastic is often selected for backlight units due to its high-reflectance and high-stiffness properties.
In addition to the outstanding physical properties Covestro’s materials offer for television applications, grades containing post-consumer recyclate help manufacturers meet Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT) criteria.
EPEAT is a chance for manufacturers to showcase and validate greener designs and cleaner production. We also offer additional sustainable thermoplastic materials, all resins boast the European Union “Eco Flower” label.
The main properties of Bayblend® FR3210 TV, Bayblend® FR3110 TV and Bayblend® FR 3311 TV are:
- Meets European standard EN 60065
- High heat resistance (Vicat B/120 107 °C)
- High melt flow
- High surface quality for unpainted parts
The main properties of Makrolon® DQ series are:
- High impact strength (25kJ/m²)
- Max. work temperature (124°C)
- High dimensional stability
- Flame-retardant (UL 94 V-2)
- Transmittance: 53 % - 60%
- Standard range: 47”, 55”, 70”, 80”(inch)